- Green-tech as a business is an ambassador of the landscape environment, its preservation and planning for the future.
As a company, Sustainability is a key corporate objective for Green-tech. We strive to employ sustainability throughout our business practices from product conception and manufacture through to delivery to the customer.
We work in an industry that uses plastic for the protection of trees and shrubs, but we are working hard to find viable alternatives. We have joined forces with Tubex to deliver their Tree Shelter Collection and Recycling Programme. It is the first of its kind in the UK and is a cost-effective solution that is within reach for everyone.
In 2020 we set out our sustainability statement alongside several environmental and sustainability pledges for delivery over a five-year period. We have already made significant progress.
With over 16,000 product lines within our portfolio, we are conscious of our responsibility to purchase products and services that achieve our environmental, social and economic goals. The key areas of sustainable influence for our procurement structure include:
- Preference is given to the purchase of products manufactured from recycled or recyclable materials.
- Our purchasing team works within the guidelines set out by ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Reducing purchasing cost
- Working with suppliers who operate within the ISO 14001 framework
- Preference is given to products that achieve FSC status
- Preference is given to goods manufactured with the UK
- Reducing waste
- Reducing packaging
- Reducing vehicle movements of products
We have achieved
All products sourced are recyclable
- 90% of all our products are sourced within the UK
- Partnered with Tubex to deliver their Tree Shelter Collection and Recycling Programme. The first of its kind in the UK and a cost-effective solution within reach of all
- Several environmentally-friendly viable alternatives to plastic tree shelters have been sourced and included in our product offering. Including a fully biodegradable option
- Weonly buy recycled pallets and our own wood waste is recycled by Timberpak
- Our own Manufactured Soils are environmentally friendly – they are peat free and use Pas100 Green compost
Maintain our FSC status & ISO accreditation.
R&D Project Team in place to co-ordinate plastic reduction
- Widescale and continued promotion of the Tubex Tree Shelter Collection and Recycling Programme.
The Green-tech team is continually growing in line with market demands, to sustain the team and maintain our high levels of customer service we are future-proofing our business. This includes succession planning, recruitment, training and providing a great working environment for our team.
- Provide a fun and supportive working environment for our teams
- Minimise the need for travel through the provision of digital methods of communication
- Provide a structure of support and career progression throughout the business
- Work with local colleges and sixth forms to offer work experience packages to students
We have Achieved
An engaged and motivated team
- One of our Directors is undertaking an online course with Leeds Beckett University on Business Development with a key focus on sustainability.
- We run Hybrid company cars and all flatbed transport leaving our yard is accredited by the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS).
- We operate a car share policy (Temporarily on hold during Covid-19 Pandemic)
- A comprehensive programme of online CPD seminars, rather than face-to-face
Every team member to receive product & personal development training over the next 12 months.
Increase number of telephone meetings, reducing the number of vehicle movements.
Our site at Rabbit Hill Business Park was constructed in 2015, with two offices, 5 warehouses and a retail outlet we utilise our space efficiently. With over 16,000 product lines stocked we are continuously making improvements and efficiencies to our warehousing and dispatch process to accommodate this stockholding. Every individual within Green-tech takes responsibility for their own day-to-day jobs, with a constant eye on office waste, energy use and recycling.
- We are continuously looking at our energy consumption with solar panels installed
- LED lights and energy saving lights are installed across the business
- We are reducing the use of paper with the introduction of more computer monitors. 90% of our business operations are now paperless.
- Our fleet of company vehicles introduced in 2019 are all hybrid
- As a leader in the UK landscape industry we are conscious of the environment surrounding us
We have achieved
Over 53% of our power has been generated by our solar panels
Planted over 200 trees on site
- Reduced the amount of plastic pallet wrap that we use by 50% by investing in new machinery and technology.
Future company vehicles will continue to be electric or hybrid, energy efficient