Purchasing Apprentice / Assistant
Position: Purchasing Apprentice / Assistant
Based: Green-Tech Ltd, Head Office, Harrogate
Reports to: Buyer and Purchasing and Product Development Manager
Accountable to: The Green-Tech Board
Be the primary support to the Buyer and Purchasing and Product Development Manager allowing for the efficient and effective operation of the purchasing team.
Ensure continual maintenance and updating of supplier pricing records manually and on SAP.
Work with and assist the buyer with day to day buying support to the sales team – picking up smaller enquiries, developing personal supplier relationships and understanding pricelists.
Continual maintenance of the purchase order report – ensuring delivery dates are met and as much information is relayed to relevant members of the sales team.
Work with and assist the buyer and purchasing manager on ongoing purchasing improvement projects– ensuring minimum and maximum stock levels are set wherever relevant.
Work with the purchasing and product development manager in order to develop commercial awareness skills and product knowledge.
Develop a good level of SAP knowledge in order to provide cover whenever necessary.
Key areas and accountability of the post
- Deal quickly and efficiently with any buying enquiries delegated by Buyer.
- This would include non-stock, one off purchases and stock alternatives. Ensure we get the best price every time from suppliers, by negotiating and building relationships, using a best price first time ethos.
- Work and assist the Buyer and Purchasing Manager on supplier dealings.
- Developing a sense of commercial awareness, reviewing meeting notes and action points collated by Buyer and Purchasing Manager.
- Identify, agree and set up new suppliers offering a commercial advantage to Green-Tech under instruction.
- Work with the Buyer and Purchasing Manager in order to resolve any supplier issues, non-conformances and product quality issues, to an agreeable conclusion, communication of the same.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding samples, packaging and labelling, non-compliant stock and resolving any queries effectively.
- Provide suppliers with feedback on quotations, liaise with the sales team to keep updated and tenders and live jobs, to target increasing overall GT conversion rate.
- Reviewing Purchase Orders, monitoring expected ship dates and updating system/notifying sales accordingly.
- Work with the Buyer and Purchasing Manager in resolving errors on purchase orders, invoices and deliveries as required, to an agreeable conclusion, communication of the same.
- Control/maintenance of pricing records and Purchasing related system data (Sales Price/Cost Price). To include price breaks, minimum order quantities and lead times in SAP and supplier files. Create and maintain stock codes/product descriptions with accurate information.
- Monitoring supplier price increases and communicating changes via SAP as necessary and mitigate any price increases when applicable.
- Work with the Buyer in monitoring of appropriate seasonal stocking levels and requirements.
- Chase any order direct delivery dates and Proof Of Delivery
- Learn bulk order processing and invoicing in order to provide support when other members of staff are on annual leave.
- Provide cover as necessary to other areas of the Purchasing, Operations and Logistics team.
- Provide Ad-hoc duties as required.
- Improve product / market knowledge.
- Answering the overflow of incoming telephone calls at times of high demand
- All/any additional administration and paperwork as requested by the Management team.
- Using Excel and Word to produce reports and external documentation.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers and staff at all levels
- To encourage and assist all members of the administration team in the delivery of customer satisfaction.
- To maintain effective communications links with the rest of Green-Tech.
- To encourage the professional development of yourself and others through helping to identify training needs.
- To be demanding of the Board of Directors in areas you feel will help the overall development of Green-tech Ltd.