Position: Warehouse Operative
Based: Green-Tech Ltd Head Office, York
Reporting to: Warehouse Manager
To assist in the smooth running of the warehouse operation, carefully maintaining stock control and ensuring all goods are packed for delivery or prepared for collection in a suitable manner.
To support the Warehouse Manager in their duties and work to achieve the targets which Green-tech have in place.
Ad-hoc duties as required.
Green-tech is the UKs largest landscaping supplier, providing quality landscaping materials and wholesale garden supplies for landscaping contractors, architects, designers and landowners. Green-tech is part of the Origin Amenity group of companies, which is owned by Origin Enterprises plc.
Origin Amenity, through several businesses, is a leading provider of turf and amenity management solutions to the professional sports turf, landscaping and amenity sectors in the UK and some export markets.
Origin Fertilisers supplies fertiliser products to the agriculture market in the UK. Operating from 12 geographically diverse locations providing maximum coverage of the UK.
Origin Enterprises plc is an Agri-Services group providing specialist on-farm agronomy services, digital agricultural services and the supply of crop technologies and inputs. The Group has leading market positions in Ireland, the United Kingdom, Poland, Romania, Ukraine, Belgium and Brazil.
Key areas and accountability of the post
- Sign in and out daily
- Ensure you wear hi-vis clothing at all times
- Ensure you wear safety boots
- Report any accidents, damages, errors or hazards
- Report any absences
- Record any mileage if using Company vehicles
- Ensure all paperwork is completed and handed in
- Ensure all the lights in the warehouses are turned off at the end of each day
- Ensure all doors are locked and secure at the end of each day
- Ensure keys are not left in the vans or forklifts at the end of each day
- Keep all fire exits and extinguishers clear from obstructions
- Pack and prepare goods for despatching in a safe and respectable manner
- Load and unload wagons where able
- Complete the necessary paperwork and check and deal with all goods-in
- Check and process all returned goods
- Prepare company vans for deliveries
- Deal with customer collections
- Complete daily forklift check list if qualified
- Complete company vans daily checklist if qualified
- Clean and tidy the warehouse and yard when possible
- Perform general forklift duties.
- Stock checking
- Prepare sub assembly items
- Complete production orders
- Produce pre-cut items e.g. belting, duck mats, root barrier rolls, cut lengths of piping, and mesh cutting.
- Put away stock
- Sub-assembly of products, accurate assembly of component parts to finished product
- Liaise with the despatch office with work related issues
- Receiving deliveries, unloading, and organising them within the warehouse
- Loading of delivery vehicles out
- Ensuring quality of goods in/out
- Timely and accurate picking and shipping of goods
- Ensure goods are adequately packaged, in line with company and carrier policies
- Liaising with delivery drivers, dispatch and sales personnel
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained, identifying low stock levels of products and packaging materials
- Correct and safe use of machinery and tools
- Awareness and adherence to H&S policy
- Ad-hoc duties as require
- Shrink-wrap pallets using the machine
- Strapping pallets and packages using the banding machine
- Deliver goods to customers if insured on company vehicles
- Collect goods from suppliers if insured on company vehicles
- Timely and accurate picking, packing and delivery of goods
- Packaging of goods
It’s you we’re interested in
At Green-tech and Origin, we want everyone to have an equal opportunity to achieve their full potential. We positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, age, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity.
Having a diverse and inclusive business is vital for our future success and that’s why we treat all our applicants fairly and with respect, irrespective of their background or any other protected characteristic.